Welcome


Never a dull moment at the Blair household! Check back often or sign up to get email notices so you can stay up on what's happening in this crazy little life!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Turkey Time

We had our first school project this past weekend - Our Family Turkey. JD's teacher gave us an outline of a turkey and we had to decorate it with things from around the house, ie. feathers, paints, fabric, uncooked noodles, etc.,  I didn't have time to go to the craft store to buy materials, so we had to use whatever we had around the house.

I asked JD what he wanted to use and he just wanted to color it with crayons. That wasn't gonna fly, so I came up with the idea of using scrapbook paper for the feathers. I cut small pieces of paper in each color category and we made little collages on each feather.

Then we used brown pom-poms I had leftover from a Halloween project last year. I cut the fur off each ball and we pasted that for the body of the turkey. It really helps to be a scrapbooker because I had all kinds of cool stuff on hand to use for decoration. The eye is a sparkly blue brad, and the beak and gizzard are colored in with Stickles (glittery puffy paint).

I really liked our end product. I think JD liked it too. . . . . I think.


No comments: