Welcome


Never a dull moment at the Blair household! Check back often or sign up to get email notices so you can stay up on what's happening in this crazy little life!

Monday, August 1, 2011

What I'm Reading Right Now

I love love love to read.
It's one of my favorite hobbies, especially when I find a really great book that I can sink myself into. I'm mostly a fiction reader, although I do a have a few non-fiction, self help books like The Everything Parents Guide to Raising Boys (Lord knows I need the help. Haha!) and Total Money Makeover (again, need the help!).

Right now, I'm totally into Karen Kingsbury's Redemption series. It's a 5-book series, set in Bloomington, IN and is centered around the Baxter family. I know it's just a book, but man, I almost feel like I know this family. I laugh with them and cry with them (alot), and oftentimes, find myself praying with them.

Karen is a Christian writer and I'm so glad I discovered her. I heard about this series on K-Love radio station, and immediately bought the book and started reading. I've had a hard time putting it down since then. I've finished books 1-4 and am in the middle of the 5th and final book. As I started #5, I got a little sad because I was going to miss the Baxters....until I found out that there's another 5-book series linked to this one. I can't wait to start it!

I rarely read hard copy books these days. Bud and the boys got me a Nook for my birthday last year and I love it. That's the way I read most of my books now. I can carry it in my purse and read just about anywhere - doctors office, waiting in line for the car wash, in the drive-thru, etc.

Well......I guess that's it. I'm gonna get back to my book now.

No comments: