Welcome


Never a dull moment at the Blair household! Check back often or sign up to get email notices so you can stay up on what's happening in this crazy little life!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Sweet Boy


This smile absolutely melts my heart. I just keep looking at this picture and see such a special little guy, and it makes me smile inside and outside. Ryan, I was reminded today that you are 3 1/2 years old already. You keep talking about the fact that you're almost 4, and I keep telling you that I'm not gonna let you turn 4. I want you to stay my 3-year-old for forever. You insist that you're going to be 4, and I guess you're right, but I just want you to stay little. I enjoy your personality so much and I don't want you to grow up and change. There are so many stages and I love this stage so much.

You like to play rough with the boys, but you're still a mama's boy. When I come home from work, you're outside playing baseball with JD and Daddy. But as soon as you see me, you ditch the ball and bat, run up to me with those big blue eyes and bright smile, and give me hugs and kisses. Sometimes you even ask "How was your day Mama?" I just think it's so sweet of you to ask me that.

Then without me even asking, you help me carry stuff in from my car. Today you tried to carry in a gallon of milk and didn't get very far. After just a few steps, you started saying "Mama, it's too heavy. I'm gonna drop it." My hands were really full too, but you were strong enough and held on until I could free a hand and grab it from you. Since your hands were free and I had everything else, you ran up and opened the door for me instead. What's really funny though is that you opened the door then stood right in the way. When I tried to get past you, you just inched over a little to the side, then grabbed on to my legs, and moved around me as I walked past. You were totally in the way the entire time, but it made us both laugh so hard because you were really trying to move out of the way. I love your laugh - it's awesome, and contagious. It makes me so happy.

You're the most complimentary 3 year old I've ever met - always telling me that I'm pretty, that you like my shoes, my clothes or my eyes. I hope you keep that going. People like to hear nice compliments and you're so good at giving them. You also really like girls right now, and you remind me of that everyday. If you see a cute girl on TV, in a book or magazine, or at a store, you'll tell me that you think she's pretty. Your favorite saying right now is "I like girls." I have a feeling I'm in for a some trouble when you get older.

Older. . . . .older . . . . older. I don't even want to think about that. You're my little buddy, Ryan, and I hope that no matter how old you get, that never changes.

No comments: