Welcome


Never a dull moment at the Blair household! Check back often or sign up to get email notices so you can stay up on what's happening in this crazy little life!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas 2011

I can't believe it's been a couple of weeks since I last wrote. Well, yes I can. It was a very busy few weeks. Christmas always is. It's so busy that sometimes it's hard to enjoy the holiday season. We definitely had a lot going on, but we really did enjoy it this year.

12/14 - JD had his school Christmas program where he sang 3 songs. He did really great - sang his little heart out. After the 1st song, it was quiet as they were preparing for their 2nd song and JD suddenly spotted Ryan in the front row of the audience. He didn't realize the microphone was still on (and apparently directly above him) when he shouted "Ryan! Ryan! Up here!"  The audience erupted in laughter. It was adorable. JD was so excited to see his little brother in the audience.




12/18 - After church, we headed to Lisa & Rodney Vollmer's for the Bacon Christmas Party. Then went back to church for the Kid's Christmas Cantata Show where JD, Timothy and Ashton performed. They were dressed as shepherds and sang several songs, including one of their favorites: "Shaggy, Smelly Sheep." It was a very cute show. . . a huge success.


12/23 - Bud and I took the first day of our 10-day vacation, and that evening, we hung out at Kelli & Jason's and celebrated Christmas with my mom, Kelli and her family, and Amber and her family. We had a Mexican food potluck - enchiladas, tamales, fiesta corn, rice and beans. Way too much food, but oh so yummy!

12/24 - We celebrated Christmas with my dad and Linda, and Kelli and her family at our house. We had red beans, rice and sausage (we used deer sausage) and cornbread. DELICIOUS!! Afterwards, the boys made cookies for Santa. We have a very creative group of boys, that's for sure.

12/25 - We had Christmas at home first thing in the morning. Well, almost first thing. Normally, the boys are in my room, wide awake between 6:45 and 7am every weekend morning. So on Christmas morning, I expected the same. I was awake at 6:30, anxiously awaiting their excited little faces at any moment. But they didn't get up at 6:30. They didn't get up at 7:00, or even 7:30. Finally, I woke up Bud at 8:00 because I was worried that they were afraid to come out of their rooms since we'd made such a big deal about not getting up in the middle of the night as to not spook Santa. We also had to leave around 9 or 9:30 to head to Jane & Chester's. But right about the same time I woke up Bud, I heard little footsteps padding through the house. Ryan walked in my room, eyes red and puffy from sleep, and in a loud and excited voice he says "Mom! I found the Elf! I found the Elf!" I couldn't believe it. He saw the Elf sitting on the speaker holding our video camera, ready to film the day, then ran right past the 2 bikes and living room filled with presents, bags and toys, to tell me he'd found the Elf! Hilarious!!! And a little bit unexpected.

At that point, we woke up JD so we could get Christmas morning started. Yes, we WOKE UP JD at 8:00. I can't remember the last time he slept that late. As soon as he was awake, the morning and excitement got under way. It was awesome watching them dig into the gifts -- yelling with pure joy and excitement. We had lots of fun opening presents. The boys got bikes, guitars, Toy Story toys, puzzles, jeans, belts, and more. I got a zoom lens for my new Canon Rebel camera and a 365-day Women's Bible. I want to read the entire Bible this year and need a "plan" to do it (so like me. . . . always planning). Bud got new snake boots for hunting and a GPS tracker for his dogs.  Oh yeah, and we all got tickets to the Monster Jam! Woo hoo! Can't wait!




Afterwards, we headed over to Jane & Chester's to celebrate with them, Amo, and Beau and his family. Great food, lots of gifts, plenty of noise, and fun times.

12/26 - We got up early and headed up to Spring, TX to celebrate Christmas with Aunt Kathy, Uncle Robert, Rebecca and her family (in from Indianapolis). As always, we had a really great time and ate well. The boys all had a great time playing together, while the adults had fun playing our games - Balderdash, Trivial Pursuit, and of course. . . . FARKLE!! It's always so hard to say goodbye after our couple of days there. I guess it'll be another year before we see everyone again.Unless . . . .I can talk Bud into an Indy vacation this year. :)

I love Christmas, but I'm kinda glad it's over and we can get back to a normal routine. Now I'm planning Stacie's baby shower and JD's 6th birthday party. Maybe things will start slowing down in February. (I hope!)

No comments: