Welcome


Never a dull moment at the Blair household! Check back often or sign up to get email notices so you can stay up on what's happening in this crazy little life!

Friday, January 11, 2013

What Do You Celebrate?

Can I just have a brag moment? I'm so proud of JD - his loving heart, purity and sheer confidence. I was cleaning out his backpack before he went back for his first day of school after Christmas break, and this is what I found:







He said that some kids in his class told him he shouldn't have written "Jesus's Birthday."When I asked him why, he said they told him that it's not a good answer. He should have written that he celebrates Christmas. What was his response to them? "I just told him that I do celebrate Jesus' Birthday, and that's why I wrote it." I told him that I'm so proud of him for sticking to what he believes in, for not letting people change his mind, and that it's great to be a little different.

The word "Uncommon" keeps coming to mind. Our church youth group wears a navy blue shirt that simply says "Uncommon" across the front --- encouraging students not to be afraid to be a little different than the crowd. My 6 year old is just that, and I'm so proud.

No comments: